Saturday, February 05, 2005

God Loves Me Most!

Okay, well I've been feeling cool. When things go well I get this feeling that whatever I need will come to me if I give it time. Like yesterday, I got home at 5:45 pm. I found my a check I'd been waiting on. It contained just enough money for me to pay my rent, reactivate my cell phone, and still have 15 bucks left over for food. Unfortunately, my bank isn't open on Saturday (yesterday was Friday) and my bank closes at 6:00 pm. I ran out the door at 5:49 pm, it's 15 blocks to my bank, but I managed to get there in time. They literally locked the door behind me. So I get my money order for the rent, 50 bucks for the phone bill, and 15 for food.
(Just so you now how bad food has been, I had in my fridge, 1 container of raisins, 1 mushroom, a few cloves of garlic, a tub of butter, and an empty ice tray. In my dry food cubby, I had a can of spaghetti sauce and 1 cup of rice. I had enough food for one or two horrible meals. So 15 bucks was beautiful.)
I walked to the store feeling like a superman for making it in time. I looked and the sky, told God "You kick ass, and you know why? Cause I kick so much ass!" I went to the grocery store looked for food I could stretch. Just sort of threw it in to the basket without bothering to figure out the total. I got to the register hoping I wouldn't have to put something back. The total was 15 bucks exactly. See, I kick ass. I don't even have to count, somehow I just know. (If I were a superhero I'd be "Knows the Total Cost of His Groceries Intuitively Man")

Anyway, this probably doesn't seem like much to be all happy about, it's just that if I just let thing happen, they just happen. Everything comes together in a way that fixes the problem. Like when, during my unemployment, I came up against a cost I hadn't planned for, was short on cash, and the was repaid some money I'd loaned I guy three years ago.

Crazy, shit.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

That's because there is a God!

Knows the Total Cost of His Groceries Intuitively Man. . .what will your costume look like? (Dork)

5:10 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

i like reading your blogs. they're entertaining.

3:34 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Fuck yeah bitch, I'd be excited too if all that good shit was happening to me. Right now I'm living off tuna and pasta. I got sick of it 3 months ago, but when I get money for food, I spend it on things that are not food. Like beer and cigarettes. I love making smart choices in my life. Mom would be proud. I would like you to accompany me next time I go shopping, Mr. Knows the Total Cost of His Groceries Intuitively Man, because after I get all the shit I need, I stand there looking at it for 10 minutes trying to make sure I didn't go over the total I wanted to spend. Ususally I just give up and keep a few things in the cart that I won't buy if go over. Fascinating, I know. Let me know if you want to hear more about my shopping habits.

11:53 PM  
Blogger Bill B. said...

I do the exact opposite, like if I'm down to my last 15 bucks instead of stretching it to shop and get a few things I could eat off of on a few days I just blow it all in one large show at Hooters like a moron. I do the bear routine and just eat a lot once and then like live off the shit piled in my stomach for like days. Money sucks.....at least when you don't have it.

7:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home