Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Driving

Today I had my first driving lesson. It went well, no one died. In fact, it was a breeze. In fact, I use the phrase 'In fact' all too often (but that's another blog).
The reason I'm suddenly learning to drive at the age of 22, despite never having had the inclination before in my life, has to do with my job. My position is being changed from a part-time, seasonal position, to a full-time, permanent position. 'Great!' you say 'that spells PROMOTION!!! WOOOOHOOO!!'

Problem:
I'm not being promoted, the position is being promoted.
In order to qualify for this new position, I need to have a driver's license.
This means:
If I do not have my driver's license by January 3rd, I may not have a job.

The plus side is that my boss really wants me for this position and has actually convinced His boss to hold it open for me that long.
So now the balls in my court.
Let's hope I score.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home